From:
Jeffrey James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:13:40 -0700
Parthenia, a Consort of Viols, Presents Chapel Royal Concert with Canticum
Novum Singers on April 4 at St. Ignatius of Antioch Church in Manhattan

New York's premiere viol consort, Parthenia, will present Chapel Royal,
a special concert with The Canticum Novum Singers, Harold Rosenbaum,
director on Saturday, April 4 - 8:00 PM at St.  Ignatius of Antioch
Church, 552 West End Avenue at 87th Street in Manhattan.

This concert features Jacobean anthems and fantasies.  Works to be
preformed are Almighty and everlasting God, In Nomine 'For Two Basses'
and This is the record of John by Orlando Gibbons (1583-1625), Prelude
and Voluntary by William Byrd (1543-1623), movements from Pavan "The
Dovehouse Pavan" by Alfonso Ferrabosco II (c.1578-1628), I will lift
up mine eyes and Hear my Prayer, O Lord by Thomas Tomkins (1572-1656),
Alleluia, I heard a voice by Thomas Weelkes (1576-1623), Flow my tears,
In darkness let me dwell, Come again sweet Love and Pavane by John Dowland
(1563-1626), Galliard by Thomas Simpson (1582-1628), Monusier's Allman
by Richard Sumarte (fl.  early 17th c.) from the Manchester Lyra-Viol
Manuscipt (c.1660) and two works by Michael East (1580 -1648) - Fantasia
"Triumphavi" and When Israel came out of Egypt.

Tickets for the April 4 concert are $20.  For tickets and more information,
contact Gotham Early Music Scene at (212) 866-0468 or visit them online
at http://www.gemsny.org/upcomingevents/ticketsparthenia.html.

Jeffrey James Arts Consulting
Tel: 516-586-3433
Website: http://www.jamesarts.com