From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:49:48 -0500
Scott Morrison wrote:

>My wish for Boston:
>
>Leonard Slatkin.
>
>Washington, the political capital, will have to bite the bullet and give
>him up to the country's intellectual capital.

Boston...what about New York? And of course, not being one to brag...but,
I believe that Austin Texas has the highest number of college graduates per
capita for any city with a population over 250,000...perhaps just another
example of how to lie with statistics.

My guess is that the same rationale that kept Ozawa in Boston all of these
years, will carry through to the selection of the next director.  Feel free
to read into that last sentence whatever you choose.

Karl (who lives in Austin)