From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:53:05 -0700
David Harbin ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>One annoying thing though.  On the front cover the name of the conductor and
>orchestra are given equal prominence and on the back cover the conductor's
>name is give MORE prominence than the orchestra.  Considering that the
>orchestra comproises some of the finest orchestral musicians in the world
>this seems inappropriate (arrogant?).

Even worse, just last week I was perusing the DVDs in a local store and came
across one of The Four Seasons.

The cover had Vivaldi: "The Four Seasons" in large type and underneath, in
equally large type "Herbert von Karajan".

Way under that, in much smaller type, "Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra" and
(IIRC last of all) "Ann Sophie Mutter".

And of course the cover photo was a head-and-shoulders of Herbie alone.

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)