From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 08:33:20 +1000
Peter Varley asks, concerning Naxos's American Classics:

>Will these be available worldwide or just in the USA? I ask because I
>haven't seen any of them here in the UK.

When I first read of them - either in Fanfare or Gramophone - my
understanding was that they would be released in the US on Naxos and on
Marco Polo elsewhere.  However, Uncle Klaus may have changed his mind as
I notice in Naxos's ad in the May Gramophone that the Grand Canyon Suite
has been released in the UK.  Hardly a reason to run off to your friendly
neighbourhood dealer waving your credit card, but it gives hope that there
are more in the pipeline.  What's going to happen where I live is anyone's
guess!

Richard Pennycuick