From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:55:33 +0000
Laurence Glavin writes:

>Remember, these were TWO college professors and a lawyer...  and the
>funny part is, I predicted to myself that they would hold off on the
>classical category just from some of my past experiences.  Did anyone
>out there view this show, and did you get the same impression?

I watched that show and wasn't surprised that the three contestants were
not hungry to answer questions about classical music.  The genre might
have been one of the signs of good education in previous generations,
but it has no weight in current times.  Actually, I think that big brains
are not revered at all in the current climate, with many folks wary of
smart people.  In our 'mass market' world, money, looks, and the ability
to market and put a spin on superficial products are the enviable
qualities.

Don Satz