From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:20:23 +1000
Robert Stumpf and Brenda Zwickel both wrote of the tactile experience
of riffling through a rack of CDs and finding a treasure.  I too don't
have access to a nearby store and do my buying on the net.  Call me
reactionary, but compared to the clatter of jewel cases as you go through
the rack, I think the susurration of LP covers beats it as an aesthetic
experience - or once did.

I'd suggest that the necessary criteria for a good online source of CDs
are a reliable search engine, reasonable shipping charges, prompt delivery,
and e-mail notification that a parcel has been sent.  If you can add to
that getting a reply to a query within 24 hours, then making the effort
to go to the store seems superfluous.  But although I've found such an
outlet, I still wish I could go to a good store!

Richard Pennycuick