From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 11:44:12 +0200
Stuart Sinclair wrote:

>Wow!  what a find.  I recently purchased The Naxos American Classics
>recording of these 2 fine concertos.  I had never heard of this composer
>before this CD came along.  They are absolutely stunning works.  ...

The McDowewll concerto's are fine pieces indeed.  I have known them for
a long time, I used to have an old Vinyl-LP, with Eugene List (I think),
but that was stolen from me.  Other famous recerdings are the second
concerto by Szidon and that famous american pianist, who won the
Tschaikowski competition, I cannot remember his name...There are also
CD-recordings by Danno Amato, which are not bad at all, I myself have the
performance by Thomas Tirino (of Lecuona fame), which is also excellent,
I haven't heard prutsman on Naxos, nor Tanyel on Hyperion, bur the
reviews are good

Peter Wisse