From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:54:24 -0700
I believe Aaron Jay Kernis also has won the Grawemeyer...  but he did
win the Pulitizer prize in music...  I think it was 1998 (I don't have an
almanac handy).  The number of awards Kernis has received is quite amazing,
considering the little amount of attention he is receiving from the media.
Most of his compositions are those that you realize are very special...
even if you cannot stand to listen to 20th Century music.

Ray Bayles