From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 02:58:25 -0800
Re Ian Crisp's top 3 nominations for great crossover artists, Walter Meyer
said:

>I'd have included Benny Goodman in the former group.  I'd also have
>included Reginald Kell except that I know of his non classical playing only
>by hearsay.

I don't remember if anyone mentioned Bryn Terfel in his Rodgers and
Hammerstein disk.  I thought he did a pretty good job, enough so that I
listened to it quite a bit!  I saw the South Bank documentary on him which
showed him rehearsing some of this -- he does the 'American accent' pretty
well most of the time, with a few sudden lapses, but he has the Broadway
showtune style down better than most opera artists (by quite a bit).

- A
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical CDs, *Sheet Music*, Videos