From:
Norman Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:13:45 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Nicolas Croze-Orton:
>
>>...  I just know that this piece fails to reach anything within me.
>>I will try to find why though, I will get back to you on this one once
>>I find out ....
>
>Sounds like the relationship between me and most of Stravinsky's music.

I can't help from wondering whether or not the music in question was ever
heard in performance at live concert(s).  If not, I think judgments might
be reserved until after a live experience.  The best recordings heard on
the best audio systems don't come anywhere near revealing all the nuances
and grandiosity to be heard in live performance.  At best they are just
"shadows" of the real thing.

Norman Schwartz