From:
Stuart Karow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:17:42 EDT
Don asked for suggestions for concerts and CD stores in the end of October.
My preferences for CD stores in the DC:

1) Olson's Books/Records- DuPont Circle, in DC and Old Town Alex.
2) Tower- location by George Washington Univ., in DC

Concerts:

1) Dawn Upshaw, October 29, George Mason Univ., Fairfax, VA,
www.gmu.edu/cfa, ProTix (703)218--6500 Located about 25 mins, outside of
DC, off Rt.66 (Too bad you're not there on 11/06/99 for Les Arts
Florissants/Christie Purcell's "King Arthur"- I'm hoping to be there)

2) Wash.  Opera, "Rigoletto", Kennedy Ctr., D.C., www.kennedy-center.org,
(800)218-OPERA (my brother was the project architect on the Kennedy Ctr's
recent restoration on the Concert Hall) 3) Polish Chamber Phil.  w/Simon
Dent, Oboe & Christopher Taylor, Piano, Oct.  30th Univ.  of Maryland,
College Park, MD, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Ctr.

I did my Bachelors at George Mason and lived in the DC area for several
years. Others who currently live there might have other suggestions, but
Mason's excellent performing arts programming, outside the beltway is often
overlooked. Also, if you haven't seen it, see the relatively new, Holocaust
Museum. Enjoy.

Stuart Karow <[log in to unmask]>