From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:47:43 GMT
Naxos single cd's cost $5.99 in the Albuquerque area.  I stopped by a local
record store today to see if they had the new Lucy van Dael recording of
Bach's Sonatas for Violin and Harpsichord - no such luck.  However, I did
notice a very large box from Naxos of the Haydn String Quartets performed
by the Kodaly Quartet.  I believe there were 23 cd's in the box, and the
price of $121.99 astonished me.  That comes out to about $5.30 per disc,
a tiny reduction from the going single cd price.

Is it the general practice of Naxos to collect single cd's, put them in a
box, and sell them at practically the same unit price? I find this a little
odd, especially since some of those Kodaly cd's are a few years old.

Don Satz