From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 07:54:20 +1000
Bob Kasenchak continues to search for a Mendelssohn Reformation.

I recommend Lorin Maazel's version with the Berlin Phil on DG which is
distinguished at least by some magical woodwind playing and the kind of
warm acoustic (c1962) we never seem to achieve these days.  The last time
I bought it (I also have two LPs and a cassette - that's how much I like
it), it was coupled with a very good Kubelik Schumann 4th.

Richard Pennycuick