From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:43:57 PST
I just finished reading the November/December 99 issue of Fanfare Magazine
(somewhere I lost 2 months).  There was a review of an Orfeo disc devoted
to clarinet concertos of Pedro Etienne Solere who was born in 1753.  Solere
must be another reclamation project of Dieter Klocker who has been the
champion of classical-era clarinet works.

Billy Kitson asked about Solere back in September 99, before the Orfeo
disc was released.  The Fanfare reviewer thought the Solere disc was
outstanding.  Have any list members heard it yet? Are Solere's clarinet
works as good as those of Antonio Cartellieri and Michel Yost which I
found to very good as evidenced by their repsective MD & D recordings?
Any comparisons to Spohr's clarinet works would also be helpful.

Don Satz