From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:09:14 +0200
Denis Fodor replies to me:

>Ach, Achim, I suppose I've seen numbers now and then, but common sense
>here'll get us further.

Well, Denis, you wrote:  music lovers generally find the atonal and serial
stuff unpleasant and ugly.  As I take *generally* as *always* I think you
will have a hard time to proove that and I would be interested to see those
numbers!  I have the impression that on this list are a few persons who
like atonal and serial *stuff* and do not think its unpleasent and ugly.
Thus I doubt you are right in using the term *generally*!  Now, of course
you could argue that people who like atonal music are no music lovers, but
then we could start again to find out what the term music means ....

Achim Breiling