From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:01:50 -0500
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>A while ago on musicweb.uk.net there were reports of a live Bruckner 6
>conducted by Sinopoli being handed to Universal.  It was recoded at the
>London Royal Festival Hall under the Philharmonia.  ...
>
>Well the plot thickens.  I asked Universal about the recording via their
>Classical Forum on iclassics.com and it seems Teldec own the rights!
>Confused?  I can only guess there is another B6 conducted by Sinopoli with
>the SD (surely a better Bruckner orchestra than the Philharmonia) when he
>was recording for Teldec but am not sure at all.

I have made some inquiries, although I have not contacted the Staatskapelle
Dresden directly, and apparently there is no recording with Dresden (how
I wish I were wrong about that!)

The Philharmonia performance dates from March 20 1987, according to my
information.  It is an interesting performance in decent sound that could
well be used to fill the gap, but I also feel that a Dresden performance
would have been preferable.  I hope legal wrangles won't prevent the
Philharmonia performance from being released, if that's all there is.

Ramon Khalona