From:
John Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:16:10 -0500
I really think that introducing classical music after age 12?  maybe
is often a lost cause.  It may simply seem like a mere novelty by then.
Though musical instruction early in life - and in the schools - can help
tremendously, just having classical music being played in the home is
SO important.  I really don't believe I would listen to opera if my ears
had not become accustomed to it - thanks to my father.  It was an almost
daily exposure for me.  However, if I wanted to increase classical music
appreciation among youngsters, the elementary schools would be a good
place to start.

John Potter
http://classical-music-inspires.blogspot.com