From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:17:16 -0600
Gary Graffman, now 76, has indicated he will be stepping down as the
director of the Curtis Institute.  No successor has been named and there
is some controversy as to whether it should be performing musician such
as Graffman was when he took over.  (Actually, with his hand problems,
it was probably a terrific opportunity for him to become an administrator
and cut way back on performing.)

It is shocking for me to realize that I am old enough to remember when
Graffman was routinely referred to as an OYAP (Outstanding Young American
Pianist).

Scott Morrison