From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:28:20 -0700
John Smyth queries:

>Melody starved?

Boy, am I.  It is 1999 after all...

Thanks, John, for the Respighi review.  I've been meaning to ask for
reccomendations of the [bombastic] Roman Trilogy.  The only one I've got
is the Daniele Gatti on Conifer Classics.  I like it OK, it's dark and lush,
and the playing is good, but I feel I'm missing something.  (He is awful
young.) I know I've heard a version somewhere that's more...I don't know.
I'd like to hear what the 'standard' excellent versions are.

Besides...How could you not be cool with a name like Ottorino?

I'm also looking for reccomends on Walton's "Belshazzar's Feast".  Don't
have one, need to get one.  I love that work.  It was my first Walton
experience.  (For some reason it always reminds me of Respighi, though...I
reckon that's why I tacked this on here.)

Bob K., thinking of having melodies for lunch