From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:53:08 -0500
Laurence asks:

>That means you went "away" [from classical music] for a while.  How
>could you do that?

This was in the early 1980s.  Up to that point I hadn't really gotten
into classical music, but I did know I liked it more than most of my
peers did.  So it wasn't a case of drifting away, then coming back; it
was more like a very slow warming up to it.  The format switch from vinyl
to CD was picking up steam, and I wanted to see if this newfangled CD
thing was here to stay.  All this was happening when my family was growing
and I had other things on my mind and other things to do with my money.
Now it's different.  I tell the kids to go out so I can listen to classical
music!

Mitch Friedfeld