From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:29:44 -0400
Jorge Zepeda <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You missed my favorite.  Mozart's Grand Partida for 13 wind instruments

Jeff Tedford advocates the Mehta performance.  I think the greatest is
Furtwangler's, which you should be able to find in a CD incarnation.  If
you want to discover what can be hidden in merely notes on paper, you owe
it to yourself to track this one down.  Top players from the early fifties
Philharmonia and very fine recording for its day make this a "modern"
historical treasure.  Also, try WF's Mozart symphonies 39 and 40 --
worlds away from today's HIP but what insight and humanity.

End of sermon.  Enjoy.

Eric Kisch