From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:12:52 -0400
Does anyone recall this recording?

Years ago I spent some time one summer with a friend at her beach house
on the West Coast.  One evening as we listened in the dark to the sounds
of the sea, she played a recording of Satie's Gymnopedies sung by a woman.
Yes, sung.  There were lyrics, and in English, but I can't recall who wrote
them, what they said or the singer's name, or if the recording is still
available.

Yes, I could ask my friend, but that was in a country, far far away, and
besides, the wench is dead (with apologies to Marlowe).

John Dalmas