From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:01:13 -0700
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I have never heard the Kertesz but I have the Ancerl and it is absolutely
>wonderful.  FWIW I think that this is THE great underrated Requiem that
>nobody seems to perform for some reason.  I was won over by this piece when
>I heard Libor Pesek perform it several years ago.
>
>FWIW there is another DG double disk out there that you might also like
>that gives you Dvorak's Stabat Mater and Kubelik's recording of the
>Glagolitic Mass.

Yes, both these CDs are both excellent and under-represented both in
recording (perhaps because these two are so good) and in performance (which
is an excellent test of any chorus' ability).  Is it just me, or have
choral performances associated with symphony orchestras limited to the
usual Beethoven Ninth or Mahler's Second?

D. Stephen Heersink <[log in to unmask]>