From:
Gerhard Griesel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:40:45 -0800
Bert Bailey says:

> Not long ago I had occasion to learn a bit more about how to use
> MSExcel, and, following the example of a couple of friends who use it
> for the purpose, I began using it to list a chunk of about 700 of my
> CDs.

The word 'classicat' was new to me.  Like Bert, I use a spreadsheet,
except that in my case it is OpenOffice 2.4's Calc, which does most
of what Excel does and can save in Excel, and it is free.

The main reason why I catalogue my CDs is to prevent me buying something
I already have. I reprint my list every now and then and carry the booklet
with me when I am likely to find myself in a classical music store. I
therefore try to print the catalogue in the smallest possible font and
format.

The catalogue also helps me to find CDs on my shelf.  I indicate the
CD's colour.

"Gerhard Griesel" <[log in to unmask]>
Foto-album:
http://community.webshots.com/user/grieselg