From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:51:51 -0400
Mimi said:

>....a budget EMI "Encore" cd, containing almost 76 minutes of terrific
>Rachmaninoff: Concerto # 2, Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini and six
>preludes.  It is played flawlessly both by pianist and orchestra.  I am
>a Rachy maven, and have heard many performances of these works...  this
>cd stands with a very few at the top of my list.
>
>Thanks to the folks who brought this fine pianist to my attention!

You are welcome!!

Try his Chopin Waltzes.  I am still waiting for his Chopin Etudes to come
out on CD. I tried burning my LP of the Etudes onto a CD, but the fidelity
wasn't so great.  I must have played it too much.  I haven't heard another
set that is as good as Anievas'.  If they would just put his Brahms
Variations and Fugue and Paganini Variations on CD, I will be happy.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan