From:
Philip Jongeneel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:06:47 -0600
I believe that I have spotted the theme...is it that theme Shostakovich
used in the 7th Symphony that Bartok then quoted in his Concerto for
Orchestra?  Seem so to me.  This theme was also used by Franz Lehar in
the Merry Widow.  So, maybe I have identified three of the snippets so
far.  There is another snippet by Bartok...Music for percussion and
celesta.

I will work my way to the remainder of the mystery.

This is indeed a good one.

Philip Jongeneel