From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:53:46 -0500
"D. Stephen Heersink" wrote:

>Mr. Sitkoff's magnanimous post, outlining the programs of this online
>station, are to be commended, but listening to this "online" experience
>is anything but satisfactory.  RealPlayer has frequent gaps in the music's
>flow, and the student announcers cannot even pronounce simple English, much
>less tackle foreign names like Scriabin.  ...

Having done my post graduate study at UNT, I am aware of the deficiencies
of the student announcers.  Mr.  Sitkoff, however, is not a student, and,
although he is an amateur radio man, he is musically savvy, and quite adept
with his diction, foreign and otherwise.  His program, "And Seldom was
Heard" is the most unique classical radio program in the area, and his
choice of music is more interesting and ecclectic than any programmed
elsewhere.  As for realplayer, well, it stinks, what can one say.  I have
found that MS Mediaplayer is far more satisfactory.

Kevin