From:
Pierre Paquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:17:39 -0500
I've tried, believe me, to zero in on Harmoncourt's work to find out what
all the fuss is about and can only appreciate his efforts with some of the
Bach Cantatas.  Since those recordings, a herd of other stuff has come our
way, causing much irritation, especially his Mozart "complete' Masses set
which is nothing but a strange and very long exercise of ill-placed "pian
e forte".  Plus, recent photos of Harnoncourt shows how hell-bent he is
and all with some sort of wide-eyed obsession in trying to look like J.S.
Bach!  The Verdi "Aida" in question must be a strange and sterile
performance; a spontaneous creation of a deeply disturbed psychotic mind.
Ha!  Non Coeur!

PAP
www.sd-associates.com