From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:40:36 +1100
I duly checked out the suggested web site and found myself pretty much in
agreement with its assessments.  But I think that CD booklet size is too
small to allow for much in the way of creativity for the cover.  Way back
when, Deutsche Grammophon LPs had white covers with two parallel vertical
yellow stripes, the names of the composer, the works and the performers.
The back contained notes in English, German and French.  Most other labels'
covers were similarly austere.  The nearest equivalent today might be an
ECM cover.  People bought them.  I quite like the Naxos approach - very
basic, even boring perhaps.

Richard Pennycuick