From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:44:48 -0400
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>Why all the whining? Drury is just one person with one opinion.  If the
>show grabbed Ed Zubrow, and grabbed a few more folks that morning, made
>their morning a bit more interesting, gave them a reason to try listening
>to some music they ordinarily would not have tried, opened up their minds
>even just a teeny bit, what is the problem?
>
>Yeesh! Some people are NEVER SATISFIED.

Although the show is carried here, I didn't hear that particular one, but I
wish I had. I agree that every occasion when CM is discussed in such public
fora is to be applauded, since it is evidence that this art form has not
completely disappeared from view among the more intelligent, aware part of
the population.

On the other hand, I can understand why some people might have strong
negative reactions to Prof. Drury. After all, this very list is a daily
proof of the fact that music arouses strong feelings! And thank goodness
for that. If we lost our enthusiasm for it, the music certainly would die.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]