From:
Simon Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:06:45 -0800
International Record Review - Update

Once again many thanks for the kind messages, comments and suggestions I
have received over the last few weeks.  I promised a mid-month update:

The magazine is out and available at UK record retailers, including Tower,
MVC, HMV, Virgin, Borders and the best independents.  All the current
subscription copies have been sent - those for the USA by "Bookspeed" (a
special air service for magazines entering North America giving a 5 day
turnaround)

IRR now has local distribution into the following countries:

Australia (Sonart)
New Zealand (Sonart - starts in May)
Belgium
Holland
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Canada (SRI)

Negotiations are still under way with companies in France, South Africa
and Germany.

We are self-distributing in the United States.  Tower has taken a large
order which should hit their stores in a week's time (possibly earlier)
In future months Tower should have a regular street date of mid-month.

HMV and Virgin in the US are also stocking IRR this month.  We very much
hope to add Borders and the best Stateside independents during April.

Anyone concerned about missing the first issue can purchase a single copy
for $4.50 sterling (UK) or $8 - USD (USA & Canada) by cheque or money
order.

Full subscription details (for all countres) and tear-out forms are
included in the magazine.

Subscription forms can also be downloaded at our web address:

   http://www.recordreview.co.uk/

which will be developed into a full function IRR Website during April/May.
Subscriptions can be posted or faxed and include payment by cheque,
international money order or by credit card.

The April edition is published on Wednesday March 29 and the main feature
is an extensive survey of the recordings of the music of Chabrier,

Regards to all

Simon Foster
International Record Review