From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:24:32 -0500
I don't think anyone has mentioned performances of the Debussy preludes
on the fortepiano.  Jos van Immerseel recorded Book 1 and the Images on
Channel Classics; Immerseel uses an 1897 Erard piano.  Another fortepiano
recording, this time of the complete Preludes, comes from Alain Planes on
Harmonia Mundi.  I like Immerseel more, but the Planes is a worthy
purchase.

A modern piano recording I like very much is from Martin Jones on Nimbus
who has recorded the entire Debussy piano oevre.  I can't say that Jones
is the best around, but I do love the Nimbus soundstage.

Don Satz