From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:17:34 -0600
Bert Baily asks:

>So, tell me: have mcmListers run into recommendable websites with multiple
>music clips?  I don't just mean sites of shops we can take advantage of,
>like Tower, when looking to get a handle on some new composer or unknown
>work before buying.  Surely that's sort of cheating.  I mean sites that
>deliberately post clips in order to spread the word about their
composers...

I recently discovered www.andante.com which has quite an extensive
listening room in which you can listen to some splendid streaming concerts,
cds and single works.  There is a $9.95 monthly fee, but they have a
huge archive of live concert recordings with some very interesing off
the beaten path repertoire.  They also have a magazine section with lots
of interesting articles and interviews.

Kevin