From:
Matt Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:15:38 -0400
Klaus Heymann wrote:

>Only Naxos tackles complete work cycles by major contemporary composers
>such as Lutoslawski and, in the works, Penderecki.

I'm curious as to the status of the Szymanowski recordings.  I understand
that the choral works, symphonies, and concerti were originally recorded on
Marco Polo and recently released on Naxos.  I think the piano works, King
Roger and some other works were also.  Was this intended as a "complete
works" cycle?

Specifically, were the string quartets recorded, and are there any plans to
release them on the Naxos label? I would eagerly buy these, if the quality
is the same as I've found in the choral works and violin concerti (the only
other recordings I've heard).

Greteful for any information

Matt Tracy