From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 23:13:45 -0400
Not only do I much enjoy the Triple Concerto, I'll even come out and
say that if I were still in a wind band I'd love to try out Wellington's
Victory, just because it sounds *so* wonderfully raucous and jingoistic.

But what do I know? I also like the Overture to "King Stephen".  And those
bombastic Respighi works (it's his birthday today, BTW), not to mention a
whole slew of Baroque composers who normally get dissed in a broad swath
here.

Being a non-conformist is wonderful.  I recommend everybody else be one
too...

Bill H.