From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 18:23:06 -0400
Mitch Friedfeld responds to Deryk Barker on Bruckner boxes:

>>Is the Naxos cycle boxed yet?
>
>It's definitely boxed.  While my experience in Bruckner is very limited,
>I second John Proffitt's recommendation of the Skrowaczewski set.

Over the Tintner, yes.  Skrowaczewski would be worthy even at regular
prices.  In any case, he and his orchestra are more "Brucknerian" than
Tintner.  I like Tintner, but as time has gone on, I find it more different
or interesting than a single set that really looks Bruckner in the eye.
I like most of the other recommendations as well.  With Jochum, my lean
is to the DG but the EMI is very good, too.

Roger Hecht