From:
Stuart Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:58:13 +1300
Sami Klein wrote:

>I have been disappointed by the record stores, such as Borders, which have
>replaced, or more likely driven out the independents which were around for
>decades.  As a result I generally buy CDs online because they are
>unavailable locally.

Borders opened a store here in Auckland New Zealand, last Saturday.
We have not had a Store like them in New Zealand before.  Their
Classical selection is the 2nd Best in Auckland second only to Marbecks an
independently run shop which has 3 shops in an Arcade and one larger shop
further up Queen St, our main Street.  One of marbecks shops in the Arcade
is devoted to Classical and although well stocked is very small and hard
to move around in.For Specialties I tend to have to use the Internet for
smaller labels.  Otherwise i buy at Marbecks or from now on at Borders or
through A small mailorder firm in Wellington called Opus CDs which is good.

Regards

Stuart Sinclair