From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:23:09 -0400
Ann Ozorio on the Fischer-Dieskau Eightieth Birthday Album:

>A commemorative, yes, but not what the, man deserves.  It comes in
>cheap packaging which is already starting to fray on my copy though
>I haven't listened to it much.  Why didn't I listen to it more?  First
>nearly all of this has been issued before.  Second the selections are
>not necessarily the finest available - DFD has recorded so much and so
>often that there really is a choice.  It's also a bit lopsided - a few
>minutes of Bach, but a whole Dichterliebe with Demus from 1966.  So I'm
>not sure what market the discs are aimed at.

Maybe its aimed at listeners like me who don't have a lot of F.D.
already in their collections.  The focus is on the 19th century song,
where it should be.  The packaging is fine- no jewel box in sight which
is a blessing, as is the music.

Bernard Chasan