From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:47:01 +0000
Brenda Zwickel wrote:

>The manager's response?  "Get out and don't come back".
>
>BTW, the classical staff at the lower Broadway branch at 4th street are
>quite knowledgeable, and pleasant, as well.

Apparently the manager hasn't learned that the customer is his boss.
Because I live about 45 miles from the most decent shop of classical CDs
(a Border's in Gainesville, Florida) much of my CD shopping is via the
Net.  God, I miss browsing in the shops and fingering through the CDs.
That tactile attachment with the music cannot be replaced by the monitor.
As for knowlegeable help, it doesn't exist on the Net.  It raises the
question: is no help better than bad help?

Stumpf