From:
Billy Kitson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:15:35 +1000
Jon Johanning wrote:

>Billy Kitson wrote:
>
>PLEASE DO NOT "WHINGE" ABOUT THE RADIO STATIONS = OWN THE BLURRY THINGS!!
>
>Simply put, they're unbelievably expensive at this point, at least in the
>major markets, and whenever one is available it is usually snatched up by
>one of the huge corporations who now own most of the commercial stations in
>the land...

The Brisbane STATION is Run "BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE" & I KNOW that
Billions were Not Acquired - I was there whilst it went on = as the $$$s
came slowly in - a Bit more was done = @ one time the Aerial was "sat"
transmitting IN A SWAMP!!  Honestly, It was all Not on enthusiasm and
DONE ON A SHOE STRING BUDGET!!  It can be Done!!  I suspect that MOST
Aussie State Capital Cities have a Classical Privately Owned PUBLIC Radio
Station?? It could be that Nobody wants a 3rd hand lot of Equipment to
start with & 4 Hours a Day ONLY = In fact I suspect "4MBS FM Brisbane"
began as 4 Hours on the University Station each Sunday Morning - then "the
peasants said "aye, let's get our own" = I was ONE of 'EM !!  It blurry
well can be done here = it has!!  SORRY TO GO ON, BUT ......??!!**

BILL(y).