From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:48:53 -0500
My choices:

Hyperion: For the Schubert series and the excellent selection of choral
literature.

Naxos: By far and away my favorite label.  Reasons: Price, extensive
repertiore, great sound, and the fact that Heymann is not afraid to give
us interesting and unusual music!

Harmondia Mundi: Great early music.  The label is worth the effort for
Philippe Herrwegghe alone.

BMG/RCA: These are the one in the same.  RCA for the Rubenstein and Living
Stereo recordings.  Deutsche Harmonia Mundi for the Sequentia/Hildegard
records.

Hassler: I think you mean Ha"nssler.  I like Rilling in a big way and his
recordings on this label make it worthwhile for me.

Dorian: Dorian's early music recordings are superb.

Collins: Now alas defunct, this label's recordings by Harry Christophers
and the sixteen choir are fabulous.  I especially appreciate the attention
payed to Benjamin Britten and Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.

Kevin Sutton