Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 12:20:43 -0200
Tonight BBC Radio 3 program "Here and Now" will broadcast new works by
Elliott Carter -- a great composer who keeps improving in old age.

The program starts at 22:55 GMT and not only his "Boston Concerto" but
also the premiere of "Dialogues" of two weeks ago will be broadcast.

Alas, I have only Internet access to the BBC and quality is poor.  I
would be very grateful to anyone who would contact me after succesfully
recording this important event.

   22:55 Hear And Now

   A focus on two composers tonight: the senior American Elliott Carter and
   young Scot Stuart MacRae.

   Stuart MacRae: Stirling Choruses
   Elliott Carter: Boston Concerto
   Xenakis: Voile
   Xenakis: Keren
   BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
   Ilan Volkov (conductor)

   Elliott Carter: Dialogues (World Premiere)
   London Sinfonietta
   Oliver Knussen (conductor)
   Nicolas Hodges (piano)
   (Recorded 23 January at Queen Elizabeth Hall, London)

   Stuart MacRae: Violin Concerto
   Stuart MacRae: Portrait II
   BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
   Ilan Volkov (conductor_
   Teddi Papavrami (violin)
   (Recorded 22 November 2003 at Glasgow Tramway)

Paulo Braga
mailto:[log in to unmask]