From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:25:46 -0600
Don Satz:

>Considering Bach's Well Tempered Clavier and Shostakovich's Opus 87
>Preludes and Fugues among the most inspired solo keyboard works in the
>classical repertoire, I am anxiously awaiting a copy of the new Olli
>Mustonen disc on Ondine that programs a selection of pieces from each
>work based on the 'circle of fifths'.

Mustonen did something similar in an earlier disc.  He combined the
preludes of Charles-Henri-Valentin Alkan with those of Shostakovich (the
Op.  34, not the big Op.  87 prelude and fugue set).  The idea was more
interesting than the performance.

It's at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000E4VZ/classicalnetA/

Scott Morrison