From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:35:02 +1000
Don Satz:

>"Time" is an issue for me concerning listening to music on the radio.
>There's no problem in my vehicle, but I use all available time at home to
>listen to my recordings, including when I'm at the computer.  If I increase
>radio time, cd time goes down.  I have not listened to the radio in my home
>for some years; I doubt that will change.  Also, I've become very used to
>making my own musical selections - that's a major positive for me.

The point about selecting your own music is an important one but I think
Don is missing something by avoiding radio at home, provided he has access
to a program list.  Our national CM station publishes a monthIy magazine
and I find this very useful for planning my radio listening, either to
new works or to interesting versions.  I'm still selecting my music:
the constraint is listening to it at a particular time.

Richard Pennycuick