From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:50:34 -0500
Robert Summers wrote:

>It would be interesting to know how many Ozawa concerts his critics on
>this list have attended.

Lost count.  But I began attending BSO concerts in 1962 and was regular for
the next 20 years until I re-located.  I enjoyed Ozawa when he was a guest
and was excited when he was appointed Music Director.  I don't recall when
but his concerts seem to become more superficial to me.  When he was a
guest I remember one memorable concert of French music.  Since he was Music
Director the memorable concerts I remember were conducted by Abbado, Colin
Davis, Tennsdedt and others.

PS What I've heard from Levine so far seems nice.  The BSO should have more
than nice.

Regards,

Tom Connor