From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:32:39 +0000
I pity the poor man (the Guardian writer) and his fetish for pilloring
things that he hates.  His snobbery confirms the negative stereotype
about classical music fans.  Not that I care for those cross-over items
he despises.  However, his opinion of Berstein's Mass is probably a
minority one by now, as well as being unfair.

I DO agree with his reminding us that CM requires some craft, not talent
alone, and that some successful pop musicians confuse the ability to
improvise with the craft of composing.  But his diatribe will not get
any of them to buckle down and take lessons, only encourage them to take
damaging shortcuts out of contempt for the CM "Establishment."

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more...then map the best
route!  http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001