From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 00:34:28 GMT
Mark K. Ehlert wrote:

>I'm not aware of any choral symphony by Mozart, so I checked Groves and
>Zaslaw's book on Mozart works.  There is no mention of a choral symphony.
>Now, you mentioned "hearing" the work.  Do you mean you heard it on the
>LP's? Or heard about them somewhere else?And there is no choral symphony
>-- or any choral work -- in the original CD issues either.

I heard it on the album version of the series.  Not the CD re-issues for
the volumues that I was able to purchase before London deleted the volumues
that I was lacking.  Its not in the 19 CD set that I just purchased.

>Under the assumption that it was an early Mozart symphony, I looked in OCLC
>(a helpful library database of cataloged books, music, etc.) and could not
>find any choral symphony in the LP releases of the Hogwood/AAM/Mozart set.
>Could this be an example of a stray work finding its way onto an LP? Do you
>perhaps live near the library which may still have your donated LP's? If
>so, maybe you could double check the album and report back.

The series did not mark this as a "choral symphony" in any way.  I just
remember it as a "Symphony".  I have since moved from the area that has the
library that has the albums, so there is no way to check.  My intial hunch
was this symphony was deleted from the CDS because maybe it was found to be
NOT a Mozart work, after London had released the albums.  But London still
included the Odense and Lambach Sinfonias (which are doubtful Mozart).  I
will try to visit the libraries here in NYC for info and track it down.

Thank you

Kim Patrick Clow