From:
Stephen Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:48:15 -0700
Let me confirm James Tobin's appraisal of the Zena Schiff recording
of Bloch on Naxos.  It has been deservedly well reviewed.  My previous
hearing was via Menuhin's recording on LP -- Menuhin, whom I revere --
and the piece left me thinking all the worst attributed of Bloch, puffed
up and pretentious.  This recording has made me reconsider my estimation
both of the Concerto and its composer.

Stephen Adams
Department of English
University of Western Ontario