From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 00:31:49 GMT
Kevin Sutton wrote:

>"The thing that we must realize is that Tower and all other stores are
>businesses, not libraries.  They will stay if they make money!"

In the Virginia Beach area, there is a wonderful store called PLANET MUSIC.
They operate like a Sam's club:  you pay 20 dollars a year to get full
membership benefits...which includes 20 percent off the CD and you also
get the benefit of listening to a CD prior to purchase.  I can't tell you
how many dollars this saved me from buying music that would had been a
disappointment....or how many new gems I simply found just by listening.

This policy must have cut down their returns.  They had pretty liberal
policies on returns though...up to 30 days for defective cds or unopened
items.

Kim Patrick Clow