From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:56:13 -0600
Don Satz:

>Aside from the revered Alicia de Larrocha recordings of the Granados
>piano works, what recordings would you recommend to have a fine collection
>of his piano music?  I'm familiar with the Douglas Riva discs for Naxos,
>but the rest of the field is an unknown.

Martin Jones has recorded most if not all of Granados's music, as well
as that of Albeniz. I'm not that fond of his performances. Others may
disagree.

I am impressed with Douglas Riva's playing. As you may know, he is
co-editor (with de Larrocha) of the new critical edition of Granados
piano music, as well as of the orchestral works.

Scott Morrison